Leading digital music service to offer instant access to a world of music on-demand
Spotify given exclusive airing of brand new Guus Meeuwis and Marco Borsato single
Music service Spotify makes its Dutch debut today – offering high quality, instant and legal access to a world of music.
Having struck licensing deals with Netherlands collecting society Buma/Stemra, major music labels including Universal Music Group, Sony BMG, EMI Music, Warner Music Group, Merlin and The Orchard, as well as many Dutch indies, Spotify offers music fans unrivalled access to over 8 million tracks on both the computer and mobile phone.
Spotify is a complete music service, giving users the ability to manage, discover and share all their music and providing them with a superior, legal alternative to piracy.
Exclusive features include:
- Playlist building and sharing: create your favourite playlists. Search for the music you want to hear and simply drag and drop into a playlist. You can share playlists anywhere on the web, simply by sending out a special Spotify link.
- Social discovery: Connect to Facebook within Spotify, allowing you to add friends and share music with them entirely within Spotify
- Build your music profile: build your very own Spotify Music Profile and publish it anywhere on the web – this allows your friends to follow your musical tastes, favourite playlists, tracks and albums
- Total music management: import and manage all the music on your computer to complement Spotify’s huge catalogue
For a full list and explanation of our features, click here. You can also check out our latest social and music management features by checking out the following video.
Spotify is available through both a free, ad-supported music service and a paid subscription service, for the full Spotify experience. The three service options include:
- Spotify Open: the free, ad-supported version of Spotify, giving users instant access to our full music catalogue for a total of 20 hours a month – equivalent to 25 albums or 300 tracks every month.
- Spotify Unlimited: round-the-clock, advertisement-free access to Spotify on the computer, all for only €4.99 per month.
- Spotify Premium: the complete Spotify package. Uninterrupted, ad-free, online and offline music to any computer or mobile phone for €9.99 per month. Our top-tier service also comes with double the audio quality – from 160 to 320kbps – and exclusive subscriber content, competitions and special offers.
To celebrate the Netherlands launch, Spotify is also delighted to offer users an exclusive listen to the brand new single ‘Schouder aan Schouder’ by Guus Meeuwis and Marco Borsato, which marks the first time the singers and close friends have worked together in the studio. Spotify users can listen to the single exclusively from today, before the single’s official release on Friday 21st May.
Daniel Ek, CEO and founder of Spotify, says: ““We’re delighted to bring Spotify to the Netherlands as we know just how passionate the Dutch are about their music.
“Our mission is to provide the best possible legal music experience for Dutch music fans by letting them listen to whatever music they want, whenever and wherever they want it.”
Hein van der Ree, CEO of Buma/Stemra which has struck a licensing agreement with Spotify that covers all streamed music content, adds: “It’s important that the people who create music – the writers and composers we represent – are properly rewarded when their works are used.
”We strongly believe in building and fostering relationships that make Spotify a place where both existing fans and new audiences can discover a wide range of quality content.”
To get Spotify, simply visit www.spotify.com to download the application.
- Watch our video telling the Spotify story
- For press collateral including high resolution images and FAQs, please visit the press page.
For more information please contact the Spotify press office at email@example.com
Spotify is an innovative digital music platform created with the vision of offering music fans a legal and superior quality user alternative to music piracy. Spotify provides instant access to whatever music you want, whenever and wherever you want it, through a simple, clean and quick to use platform whilst supporting the music industry via an ad-supported, free-to-the-user model and a paid subscription model. With access to millions of songs in high quality audio through your computer, on your mobile and beyond, Spotify makes it easier than ever to play and share music legally.