- New App gives Spotify Premium members access to millions of tracks on iPhone and iPod touch
Spotify, the digital music service, is delighted to announce the availability of its Spotify App for iPhone and iPod touch on the App Store as of today.
The Spotify App is available to Spotify Premium subscribers in the UK, Sweden, Spain, France, Norway and Finland, allowing them to enjoy the music service, previously available only on the desktop, wherever they go.
Key features include:
- Access to millions of tracks with Spotify’s constantly updated catalogue
- Search and stream music instantly. Browse by artist, title, album, genre, label or year
- Create and synchronise playlists. Updates from the desktop application will be synced instantly and vice versa
- Playlists can be downloaded and played in offline mode when you have no connection, are on a plane or subway, or abroad and subject to roaming data fees
- Listen to tracks and albums in their entirety. Rewind, fast-forward, pause, skip and shuffle
- View cover art for all tracks and albums
The Spotify App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at the App Store
“This is a hugely significant day in Spotify’s short history,” said Gustav Söderström, director of portable solutions at Spotify. “Since our launch last October, we’ve worked hard to provide our users with a high quality service that gives them access to whatever music they want, whenever they want it.”
“The launch of the Spotify App for iPhone and iPod touch now provides our users with the best of both the online and offline worlds, making it even easier for users to listen to all the world’s music, anywhere on the planet”
To sign up to the mobile service, music fans should visit the Spotify Premium product page to purchase a monthly or annual subscription.
For further information on Spotify on the mobile, visit our new Mobile page.
Spotify is an innovative digital music service offering music fans instant access to a world of music. Spotify enables on-demand streaming of audio content and aims to be a better alternative to music piracy by offering a superior user experience, while monetising licensed content with both an ad-supported, free-to-the-user model and a premium, paid model. Spotify brings fans closer to the music and artists they love, and provides a marketplace for additional products such as live events, music downloads and more.
For more information please contact the Spotify press office at
For press collateral including high resolution images and FAQs, please visit
the Press page